For example there are 10 nodes, and each node contains 20 cores. We will have
200 cores in total and let say there are 2000 MPI processes. We start the
application with 10 MPI on each core. Let say Comm(Pi, Pj) denotes how much
communication Pi and Pj make with each other and let say each process Pi has to
communicate with few other processes Pj, Pk, Pl, Pm..... Pz. Secondly let say
Load(Pi) denotes the computational load of process Pi.

Now, we know that sending a message between two nodes is more expensive then
sending a message within a node (two processes that communicate reside on the
cores that exist in the same node). This is true atleast in my supercomputing
centers that I use. In my previous work I only consider Load[ ] and not Comm[
]. In that work, all the MPI processes calculate their new ranks and then call
MPI_Comm_split with key = new_rank and color = 0. So all the processes get the
new rank and then the actual data is provided to each process for computation.
We have found that the total execution time decreases. Now we need to consider
the communications as well. We will bring the computational load balance but
those MPI which communicate more will be mapped to the same node (not
necessarily same cores). I have solved this optimization problem using ILP and
that shows good results. But the thing is, in the solution I have found that
after applying ILP or my heuristic,
 the cores (on all nodes) will no longer contain same number of MPI processes
(load and communications are balanced instead of count of MPI processes per
core). So this means either I use process migration for few processes or I run
more than 2000 (means at every core I run few more processes) so that at the
end imbalance in the number or MPI processes per core can be achieved (to
achieve balance in load and communications). I need your suggestions in these
regards,

thanks and best regards,
Mudassar