On Apr 25, 2012, at 12:51 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:

> Sounds rather bizarre. Do you have lstopo on your machine? Might be useful to
> see the output of that so we can understand what it thinks the topology is
> like as this underpins the binding code.
>
> The -nooversubscribe option is a red herring here - it has nothing to do with
> the problem, nor will it help.
>
> FWIW: if you aren't adding --bind-to-core, then OMPI isn't launching your
> process on any specific core at all - we are simply launching it on the node.
> It sounds to me like your code is incorrectly identifying "sharing" when a
> process isn't bound to a specific core.

+1

Put differently: if you're not binding your processes to processor cores, then
it's quite likely/possible that multiple processes *are* running on the same
processor cores, at least intermittently, because the OS is allowed to migrate
processes to whatever processor cores it wants to.

For corporate legal information go to: