On Wed, 9 May 2012, Jiri Polach wrote:

Dear all,

is "-np N" parameter needed for mpirun when running jobs under SGE environment? All examples in

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#run-n1ge-or-sge

show that "-np N" is used, but in my opinion it should be redundant: mpirun should determine all parameters from SGE environment anyway. If there is "no need to specify what nodes to run on" (as stated in FAQ), it should not be necessary to specify the number of processors either.

I ran some tests and it seems that mpirun correctly gets number of processors from SGE, but I would like to have some more solid confirmation.

You might want to use a smaller number of processors than those made available by SGE.

 best,

 Ricardo Reis

 'Non Serviam'

 PhD/MSc Mechanical Engineering | Lic. Aerospace Engineering

 Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
 http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt

 Cultural Instigator @ Rádio Zero
 http://www.radiozero.pt

 http://www.flickr.com/photos/rreis/

 contacts:  gtalk: kyriu...@gmail.com  skype: kyriusan

 Institutional Address:

 Ricardo J.N. dos Reis
 IDMEC, Instituto Superior Técnico, Technical University of Lisbon
 Av. Rovisco Pais
 1049-001 Lisboa
 Portugal

                      - email sent with alpine 2.00 -