BTW, the changes prior to r26496 failed some of the MTT test runs on several systems. So if the current implementation is deemed not "correct" I suspect we will need to figure out if there are changes to the tests that need to be done.

See http://www.open-mpi.org/mtt/index.php?do_redir=2066 for some of the failures I think are due to r26495 reduce scatter changes.

--td