Am 01.09.2012 um 18:20 schrieb Austin Baker:

> All,
>
>       I am quite new to using Open MPI as it is required by programs that I
> use for research. While running a chemistry program through Terminal, I
> inadvertently hit enter after I tried to run the program over multiple
> processors and am now getting one of two errors when I try and run the
> programs that I need. I've seen a couple of help topics that are along the
> same lines, but I can't seem to find an actual solution.
>
> When I just ran the MPI this is the error I got
>       Austins-iMac:man1 ABProds$
> /Applications/OpenEye/arch/osx-10.7-x64/oedocking/3.0.0/mpi/bin/mpirun -np 3

>       Sorry!  You were supposed to get help about:
>           orterun:executable-not-specified
>       from the file:
>         help-orterun.txt
>       But I couldn't find any file matching that name.  Sorry!

Was the Open MPI installation moved after compilation? You can try to define:

export OPAL_PREFIX=/Applications/OpenEye/arch/osx-10.7-x64/oedocking/3.0.0/mpi

to get a better error message.

> When I try and run other programs that I need this is the error:
>       Austins-iMac:man1 ABProds$
> /Applications/OpenEye/arch/osx-10.7-x64/oedocking/3.0.0/mpi/bin/mpirun -np 3
>                /Applications/arch/osx-10.7-x64/oedocking/3.0.0/fred -receptor

Whatever "argv0-not-accessible" means - you missed "OpenEye" in the above line.

>                   ~/Documents/Research2012/FredData/Fyn_TargetSite.oeb -dbase
>
>     ~/Documents/Research2012/FredData/Zinc1/TopScores/zinc_57078852.mo;2
> -numposes 1500

Although a ";" is valid in a filename and can easily be entered in the Finder,
it's necessary to escape it on the command line or put the complete argument in
quotation marks.

As it's a commercial application, I would suggest to ask the vendor and/or use
their forum/knowledgebase. Especially as they suggest to use their own wrapper
`oempirun`.

-- Reuti