Hi,

I want to use OpenMPI dynamic collective algorithm selection using rules
file, e.g.

mpirun --mca coll_tuned_use_dynamic_rules 1
--mca_coll_tuned_dynamic_rules_file rules.txt ./myexe

I can see some examples in earlier discussions (given below). My question
is how do I know the ID for the different collectives. I do not see
coll_tuned.h
in the installation folder . Is there any command to find the ID of an
algorithm. I am particularly interested in Alltoallv. I have checked that
coll_tuned_alltoallv_algorithm 1 and coll_tuned_alltoallv_algorithm 2 has
lot of performance difference depending on data size and comm size. So I
think giving a rules file can improve the performance over a range of data
sizes and comm size. Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

With regards,

-Chandan
Dr. Chandan Basu
National Supercomputer Center