It sounds like your intel compiler installation is broken -- these types of
"present but not compilable" kinds of errors usually indicate that the compiler
itself has some kind of local conflict that is unrelated to Open MPI (that's
why we put those tests in OMPI's configure -- so that we can detect such
problems early/during configure vs. during the build of Open MPI itself).

Can you send all the information listed here:

    http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/