On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquy...@cisco.com>
wrote:

> I like the OMPI_ prefix because it clearly identifies the function as
> specific to Open MPI (i.e., you really should enclose it in #if
> defined(OPEN_MPI) / #endif).

That's not enough. They will have to check for the right version of Open
MPI and then for the availability of the OMPI_<something> functions. That
looks as having the sabe cost as checking for the MPIX_<something> function
without looking for a specific MPI library.

> If you/users really want MPIX_, how about: use OMPI_Foo as the "real"
> name, and have alternate entry points via MPIX_Foo?  (via #define, wrapper
> functions, or whatever)
>
> Then we all win.  Huzzah!

That will totally suck in Fortran.

  George.