Hi Ralph,

Good to know you've reproduced it.  I was experiencing this using both the
hostfile and host key.  A simple comm_spawn was working for me as well, but
it was only launching locally, and I'm pretty sure each node only has 4
slots given past behavior (the mpirun -np 8 example I gave in my first
email launches on both hosts).  Is there a way to specify the hosts I want
to launch on without the hostfile or host key so I can test remote launch?

And to the "hostname" response...no wonder it was hanging!  I just
constructed that as a basic example.  In my real use I'm launching
something that calls MPI_Init.

Evan