Jeff and Nick,
Thanks very much for your help. In fact the first thing I did is to join the
mailing list of Abinit and I posted in the community; however I only got one
reply nothing since yesterday morning. I know it is a short period of time and
people are busy doing their work but I don't want to stay long trying to figure
out how to configure the code; this is when i decided to e-mail you guys. In
fact you shed light on the problem. I am trying to find that path of the ifort
compiler but in vain. In fact I was looking at the make.sys of my quantum
espresso code and I found:
# Compilers: fortran-90, fortran-77, C# If a parallel compilation is desired,
MPIF90 should be a fortran-90# compiler that produces executables for parallel
execution using MPI# (such as for instance mpif90, mpf90, mpxlf90,...);#
otherwise, an ordinary fortran-90 compiler (f90, g95, xlf90, ifort,...)# If you
have a parallel machine but no suitable candidate for MPIF90,# try to specify
the directory containing "mpif.h" in IFLAGS# and to specify the location of MPI
libraries in MPI_LIBS
MPIF90         = mpiifort#F90           = ifortCC             = iccF77
  = ifort and also the sbatch.srm file where I execute mpirun :
if [ "${MPI}" == "INTEL" ]; then    source
/opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/069/bin/iccvars.sh intel64    source
/opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/069/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64    source
/opt/intel/impi/4.0.0.028/intel64/bin/mpivars.sh    export
I_MPI_PMI_LIBRARY=/usr/lib64/libpmi.so    export I_MPI_FABRICS=shm:dapl
I tried to put these paths in the --with-mpi-prefix but there was still a
reference to the gcc mpi!
Regards
Elio