On 6/22/2015 6:06 PM, Belgin, Mehmet wrote:

> Abaqus documentation suggests that it may be possible to run it using
> an external MPI stack, and I am hoping to make it work with our stock
> openmpi/1.8.4 that knows how to talk with the scheduler's hwloc.
> Unfortunately, however, all of my attempts failed miserably so far (no
> specific instructions for openmpi).
>
> I was wondering if anyone had success with getting Abaqus running with
> openmpi. Even the information of whether it is possible or not will
> help us a great deal.

Data types encodings are incompatible between openmpi and mpich
derivatives, and, I think, with the HP or Platform-MPI normally used by
past Abaqus releases.  You should be looking at Abaqus release notes for
your version.
Comparing include files between the various MPI families should give you
a clue about type encoding compatibility.  Lack of instructions for
openmpi probably means something.

--
Tim Prince