Mike Dubman <mi...@dev.mellanox.co.il> writes:

> right, it is not attribute of mxm, but general effect.

Thanks.  That's the sort of thing we can investigate, but then the
messages from MXM are very misleading.

> and you are right again - performance engineering will always be needed for
> best performance in some cases.
>
> OMPI, mxm trying to address out of the box performance for any workload,
> but OS tuning, hw tuning, OMPI or mxm tuning may be needed as well. (there
> is a reason that any MPI have hundreds of knobs)

Sure, but I don't expect to see things like significant increases in p2p
latency from something meant to improve p2p, and I've no obvious way of
debugging with the proprietary library, especially without knowing what
the knobs do.

Are any other users prepared to share experience with MXM on similar
systems?