Michael Di Domenico <mdidomeni...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 12:12 PM, Elken, Tom <tom.el...@intel.com> wrote:
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> In this file,
>> $ cat /etc/security/limits.conf
>> < do you see at the end ... >
>>
>> * hard memlock unlimited
>> * soft memlock unlimited
>> # -- All InfiniBand Settings End here --
>> ?
>
> Yes.  I double checked that it's set on all compute nodes in the
> actual file and through the ulimit command

Is limits.conf actualy relevant to your job launch?  It's normally used
by pam_limits (on GNU/Linux) which won't necessarily be run.  [In the
case of SGE, you specify the resource limit as a parameter of the
execution daemon (execd), at least with "builtin" remote startup.]

I'd verify it by executing something like "procenv -l" under mpirun.
(procenv is packaged for the major GNU/Linux distributions.)