I was looking for lines like" [nodexyz:17085] selected cm best priority 40" and
 " [nodexyz:17099] select: component psm selected"

_MAC

-----Original Message-----
From: users [mailto:users-boun...@open-mpi.org] On Behalf Of Michael Di Domenico
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 5:52 AM
To: Open MPI Users <us...@open-mpi.org>
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] locked memory and queue pairs

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 4:49 PM, Cabral, Matias A <matias.a.cab...@intel.com>
wrote:
> I didn't go into the code to see who is actually calling this error message,
> but I suspect this may be a generic error for "out of memory" kind of thing
> and not specific to the que pair. To confirm please add  -mca
> pml_base_verbose 100 and add  -mca mtl_base_verbose 100  to see what is being
> selected.

this didn't spit out anything overly useful, just lots of lines

[node001:00909] mca: base: components_register: registering pml components
[node001:00909] mca: base: components_register: found loaded component v
[node001:00909] mca: base: components_register: component v register function
successful [node001:00909] mca: base: components_register: found loaded
component bfo [node001:00909] mca: base: components_register: component bfo
register function successful [node001:00909] mca: base: components_register:
found loaded component cm [node001:00909] mca: base: components_register:
component cm register function successful [node001:00909] mca: base:
components_register: found loaded component ob1 [node001:00909] mca: base:
components_register: component ob1 register function successful

> I'm trying to remember some details of IMB  and alltoallv to see if it is
> indeed requiring more resources that the other micro benchmarks.

i'm using IMB for my tests, but this issue came up because a researcher isn't
able to run large alltoall codes, so i don't believe it's specific to IMB

> BTW, did you confirm the limits setup? Also do the nodes have all the same
> amount of mem?

yes, all nodes have the limits set to unlimited and each node has 256GB of