Ronald,

the fix I mentioned landed into the v1.10 branch
https://github.com/open-mpi/ompi-release/commit/c376994b81030cfa380c29d5b8f60c3e53d3df62

can you please post your configure command line ?

you can also try to
mpirun --mca btl self,vader,openib ...
to make sure your run will abort instead of falling back to tcp

then you can
mpirun ... grep Cpus_allowed_list /proc/self/status
to confirm your tasks do not end up bound to the same cores when running on
two nodes.

is your application known to scale on infiniband network ?
or did you naively hope it would scale ?

at first, I recommend you run standard benchmark to make sure you get the
performance you expect from your infiniband network
(for example IMB or OSU benchmark)
and run this test in the same environment than your app (e.g. via a batch
manager if applicable)

if you do not get the performance you expect, then I suggest you try the
stock gcc compiler shipped with your distro and see if it helps.

Cheers,

Gilles