Mahmood, as Giles says start by looking at how that application is compiled
and linked.
Run 'ldd' on the executable and look closely at the libraries.  Do this on
a compute node if you can.

There was a discussion on another mailign list recently about how to
fingerpritn executables and see which architecture it was compiled for.
My mind is a blank at the moment as to what that discussion concluded.
Sorry.  And if this was on OpenMPI I am doubly sorry!