Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the reply. I tried both "export OMPI_MCA_mpi_leave_pinned=0" and
"mpirun -mca mpi_leave_pinned 0" but still got the same behavior. Our OpenMPI
version is 2.0.1. Repo version is v2.0.0-257-gee86e07. We have Intel Qlogic and
OPA networks on the same cluster.

Below is our configuration flags:

./configure     --prefix=$PREFIX \
                --with-hwloc=internal \
                --enable-mpirun-prefix-by-default \
                --with-slurm \
                --with-verbs \
                --with-psm \
                --with-psm2 \
                --disable-openib-connectx-xrc \
                --with-knem=/opt/knem-1.1.2.90mlnx1 \
                --with-cma

So the question remains why OpenMPI choose openib over self,sm for single node
jobs? Isn't there a mechanism to differentiate btl networks for
single/multi-node jobs?

Thanks,

Jingchao