Dear all,
I have not yet found a solution for waiting for an event (incoming message)
to occur either on a TCP socket or on a MPI communicator. I wish I could
receive some comments from you MPI experts.
If my question was unclear, I found the same problem described on the MPICH
list two years ago:
https://lists.mpich.org/pipermail/discuss/2015-June/004049.html
He received no reply either.

Is the question stupid for some reason, is the answer trivial, or is there
no solution to this problem?

Cheers
Trevour