I suspect nobody is answering because the question makes no sense to us. You
are implying that the TCP socket is outside of MPI since it isn’t tied to a
communicator. If you want to setup a non-MPI communication path between two
procs and monitor it separate from the MPI library, you can certainly do so -
there is nothing that prevents you from doing it.

I suspect that question went similarly unanswered for the same reason.