On 09/21/2017 11:26 AM, Aragorn Inocencio wrote:
Hi, sorry about the mixup earlier.  But I have recently tried installing openmpi 3.0.0 using the instructions I found in the Reef3D manual (attached below), so

./configure CC=gcc CXX=g++ F77=gfortran FC=gfortran --prefix=/usr/local/openmpi

throws no errors, but again when I run the "make all" command next I am getting quite a few errors, to name a few:

 1. #warning "fd_set and associated macros have been defined in sys/types
 2. error: redefinition of struct hostent
 3. A bunch of other errors similar to 2
 4. A bunch of errors saying, "conflicting types for 'accept' bind,
    connect etc.
 5. "Expected declaration specifiers or '...' before '("
 6. previous declaration of various functions

then all the way at the end it gives me an Error 1.

I'd like to apologize for my ignorance as I really have no background in this area; I don't even know how to print all the errors to a txt file.

** If using sh/bash:

./configure CC=gcc CXX=g++ F77=gfortran FC=gfortran --prefix=/usr/local/openmpi 2>&1 | tee my_configure.log

make 2>&1 | tee my_make.log

make install 2>&1 | tee my_make_install.log

** If using csh/tcsh:

./configure CC=gcc CXX=g++ F77=gfortran FC=gfortran --prefix=/usr/local/openmpi |& tee my_configure.log

make |& tee my_make.log

make install |& tee my_make_install.log

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa

For what it's worth I have attached the config.log file.

​Inline image 1