You are correct: 3.0.1 has not been released yet.

However, our nightly snapshots of the 3.0.x branch are available for download.
These are not official releases, but they are great for getting users to test
what will eventually become an official release (i.e., 3.0.1) to see if
particular bugs have been fixed.  This is one of the benefits of open source.
:-)

Here's where the 3.0.1 nightly snapshots are available for download:

    https://www.open-mpi.org/nightly/v3.0.x/

They are organized by date.