> On Jul 11, 2018, at 9:58 AM, Noam Bernstein <noam.bernst...@nrl.navy.mil>
> wrote:
>
>> On Jul 10, 2018, at 5:15 PM, Noam Bernstein <noam.bernst...@nrl.navy.mil
>> <mailto:noam.bernst...@nrl.navy.mil>> wrote:
>>

>> What are useful steps I can do to debug?  Recompile with —enable-debug?  Are
>> there any other versions that are worth trying?  I don’t recall this error
>> happening before we switched to 3.1.0.
>>
>>                                                                      thanks,
>>                                                                      Noam
>

> It appears that the problem is there with OpenMPI 3.1.1, but not 2.1.3. Of
> course I can’t be 100% sure, since it’s non deterministic, but 3 runs died
> after 0-3 iterations with 3.1.1, and did 3 runs with 10 iterations each with
> 2.1.3.

After more extensive testing it’s clear that it still happens with 2.1.3, but
much less frequently.  I’m going to try to get more detailed info with version
3.1.1, where it’s easier to reproduce.

                                                        Noam

|U.S. NAVAL|
|_RESEARCH_|
LABORATORY
Noam Bernstein, Ph.D.
Center for Materials Physics and Technology
U.S. Naval Research Laboratory
T +1 202 404 8628  F +1 202 404 7546
https://www.nrl.navy.mil <https://www.nrl.navy.mil/>