Dear Jeff,

I did find a way to circumvent this issue for my specific application by
spawning less frequently. However, I wanted to at least bring attention to this
issue for the OpenMPI community, as it can be reproduced with an alarmingly
simple program.
Perhaps the user's mailing list is not the ideal place for this. Would you
recommend that I report this issue on the developer's mailing list or open a
GitHub issue?
Best wishes,
Thomas Pak