> On Jun 20, 2019, at 11:54 AM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquy...@cisco.com>
> wrote:
>
> On Jun 14, 2019, at 2:02 PM, Noam Bernstein via users
> <users@lists.open-mpi.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jeff - do you remember this issue from a couple of months ago?
>
> Noam: I'm sorry, I totally missed this email.  My INBOX is a continual
> disaster.  :-(

No problem.  We’re running with mpirun for now.

>> Unfortunately, the failure to find pmi.h is still happening.  I just tried
>> with 4.0.1 (not rc), and I still run into the same error (failing to find
>> #include <pmi.h> when compiling opal/mca/pmix/s1/mca_pmix_s1_la-pmix_s1.lo):
>> make[2]: Entering directory
>> `/home_tin/bernadm/configuration/110_compile_mpi/OpenMPI/openmpi-4.0.1/opal/mca/pmix/s1'
>>  CC       mca_pmix_s1_la-pmix_s1.lo
>> pmix_s1.c:29:17: fatal error: pmi.h: No such file or directory
>> #include <pmi.h>
>>                 ^
>> compilation terminated.
>> make[2]: *** [mca_pmix_s1_la-pmix_s1.lo] Error 1
>> make[2]: Leaving directory
>> `/home_tin/bernadm/configuration/110_compile_mpi/OpenMPI/openmpi-4.0.1/opal/mca/pmix/s1'
>> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>> `/home_tin/bernadm/configuration/110_compile_mpi/OpenMPI/openmpi-4.0.1/opal'
>> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> I looked back earlier in this thread, and I don't see the version of SLRUM
> that you're using.  What version is it?

18.08, provided for our CentOS 7.6-based Rocks through the slurm roll, so not
compiled by me.

> Is there a pmi2.h in the SLURM installation (i.e., not pmi.h)?
>
> Or is the problem that -I/usr/include/slurm is not passed to the compile line
> (per your output, below)?

/usr/include/slurm has both pmi.h and pmi2.h, but (from what I could tell when
trying to manually reproduce what make is doing)
-I/usr/include/slurm
is not being passed when compiling those files.

>> When I dig into what libtool is trying to do, I get (once I remove the
>> —silent flag):
>
> (FWIW, you can also "make V=1" to have it show you all this detail)

I’ll check that, to confirm that I’m correct about it not being passed.

                                                                Noam

|U.S. NAVAL|
|_RESEARCH_|
LABORATORY
Noam Bernstein, Ph.D.
Center for Materials Physics and Technology
U.S. Naval Research Laboratory
T +1 202 404 8628  F +1 202 404 7546
https://www.nrl.navy.mil <https://www.nrl.navy.mil/>