On Feb 3, 2020, at 10:03 AM, Bennet Fauber <ben...@umich.edu> wrote:

> Ah, ha!
>
> Yes, that seems to be it.  Thanks.

Ok, good.  I understand that UCX is the "preferred" mechanism for IB these days.

> If I might, on a configure related note ask,  whether, if we have
> these installed with the CentOS 7.6 we are running
>
> $ yum list installed libevent\*
> Loaded plugins: langpacks
> Installed Packages
> libevent.x86_64                         2.0.21-4.el7
> @anaconda
> libevent-devel.x86_64                   2.0.21-4.el7                   @os
>
> should be be able to use this?
>
>    ./configure ... --with-libevent=external --with-hwloc=external
>
> My coworker reported that something was awry using that, and he's put instead
>
>    ./configure ... --with-libevent=external --with-hwloc=/usr
>
> I believe that the problem was that if we did not specify /usr, then
> srun and mpirun were unable to find the interfaces.  But I also recall
> from an earlier thread that is very much not recommended.

I don't know offhand if the hwloc and lib event bundled in Centos 7 are
sufficient.  They probably are, but I don't know that for a fact.  I'd be
curious to know what the problem was if --with-hwloc=external didn't work
(assuming that the Centos 7-bundled hwloc was the only one found in your
PATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH/compiler include+linker paths/etc.).