This is what CentOS installed.

$ yum list installed hwloc\*
Loaded plugins: langpacks
Installed Packages
hwloc.x86_64                             1.11.8-4.el7                        @os
hwloc-devel.x86_64                       1.11.8-4.el7                        @os
hwloc-libs.x86_64                        1.11.8-4.el7                        @os

I will ask my coworker to install a test version.  What can I do by
way of flags or environment variables to get the best output to
report?  I believe that `srun` is preferred as the process starter on
Slurm clusters, but I think `mpirun`/`orterun` has better debugging
capabilities?

Thanks,    -- bennet