Hi, I have some questions regarding technical details of MPI collective
communication methods and broadcast:

   - I want to understand when the number of receivers in a MPI_Bcast can
   be a problem slowing down the broadcast. There are a few implementations of
   MPI_Bcast. Consider that of a binary tree. In this case, the sender (root)
   transmits the common message to its two children and each them to two more
   and so on. Is it accurate to say that in each level of the tree all
   transmissions happen in parallel or only one transmission can be done from
   each node? To that end, is there a limit on the number of processes a
   process can broadcast to in parallel?
   - Since each MPI_Bcast is associated with a communicator is there a
   limit on the number of processes a communicator can have and if so what is
   it in Open MPI?

Regards,
Kostas