Prentice,

Ooh. The first one seems to work. The second one apparently is not liked by
zsh and I had to do:
❯ mpirun -mca btl '^tcp' -np 6 ./helloWorld.mpi3.exe
Compiler Version: GCC version 10.2.0
MPI Version: 3.1
MPI Library Version: Open MPI v4.1.0, package: Open MPI
mathomp4@gs6101-parcel.local Distribution, ident: 4.1.0, repo rev: v4.1.0,
Dec 18, 2020

Next question: is this:

OMPI_MCA_btl='self,vader'

the right environment variable translation of that command-line option?