Hello Gilles,

Assuming you run one MPI task per unikernel, and two unikernels share
> nothing,
> it means that inter-node communication cannot be performed via shared
> memory or kernel feature
> (such as xpmem or knem). That also implies communication are likely using
> the loopback interface
> which is much slower.

Let me elaborate on it. I have one VM in which I have the unikernel. The VM
has many cores and each core has a single thread. Each thread runs a MPI
task. Each MPI task relies on shared-memory to communicate, i.e., VirtIO.
This is a shared-nothing unikernel because each core runs an instance of
the kernel that shares nothing with the other cores in terms of memory and
resources.

Regards, Matias.