I have a curiosity question for the Open MPI user community: what version of
SLURM are you using?

I ask because we're honestly curious about what the expectations are regarding
new versions of Open MPI supporting older versions of SLURM.

I believe that SchedMD's policy is that they support up to 5-year old versions
of SLURM, which is perfectly reasonable.  But then again, there's lots of
people who don't have support contracts with SchedMD, and therefore don't want
or need support from SchedMD.  Indeed, in well-funded institutions, HPC
clusters tend to have a lifetime of 2-4 years before they are refreshed, which
fits nicely within that 5-year window.  But in less well-funded institutions,
HPC clusters could have lifetimes longer than 5 years.

Do any of you run versions of SLURM that are more than 5 years old?