I did use the omp_get_thread_num() and printed it along with the variable. It
does get messy in the printout but it did verify that the variable has the same
value in all the threads for all the processes.

Thanks,
Vahid

> On Feb 1, 2023, at 2:21 AM, Benson Muite via users <users@lists.open-mpi.org>
> wrote:
>
> On 2/1/23 00:50, Vahid Askarpour via users wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am running a fortran code (Perturbo) compiled in hybrid openmp/openmpi.
>> The code runs on 2 nodes (128 processors) with 32 MPI processes and 4
>> threads/MPI process. I am attempting to verify that a variable involved in
>> the calculations in all the MPI processes and threads has the same value. So
>> I would like to print this variable with the thread #  for all the 32 MPI
>> processes. Would a simple print statement do the job or would such a print
>> statement only print the information for the processes on the master node
>> and not both nodes? Is it possible to print this variable for all 64 threads
>> on node 1 and all 64 threads on node 2 separately?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Vahid
> Print statement should work, though maybe messy. You might look at
> collective operations like min/max or sum.  Perhaps do a local check
> first using OpenMP, then a collective operation using MPI.

  • [OMPI use... Vahid Askarpour via users
    • Re: ... Bernstein, Noam CIV USN NRL (6393) Washington DC (USA) via users
    • Re: ... Benson Muite via users
      • ... Vahid Askarpour via users