Hi all,

I solved the problem by doing:

```
INSTALL_DIR=/usr/local/openmpi-5.0.3
export PATH=$INSTALL_DIR/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$INSTALL_DIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export OPAL_PREFIX=$INSTALL_DIR
```

That OPAL_PREFIX line was the tricky one.

After doing that, these mpirun commands are now working correctly:

```
mpirun --version
mpirun uptime
```

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

@John Hearns,
I'm not setting up a Modules environment, but this sounds like a great
solution to the problem. I might need to look into that! Thanks.

Best,
Terence