On 06/13/2011 02:46 PM, Héctor Sanjuán wrote:
Hi,

well it looks you're almost there :)

I see that you declared a ROOT argument in the OS section in your VM
template. However I think it is not necessary for KVM and unless you
have specified a kernel [1]. Maybe the problem comes from there.

I stopped the running vm

-> onevm shutdown 1

Deleted the VM

-> onevm delete 0

and after removing the ROOT entry from my description I created a new VM

-> onevm create testVM.vmd

This did not help, I still get the same error as in the previous test

If not, can you paste the output of "oneimage show 1"? Maybe there is
something missing in the image template...

Here is the info:

IMAGE INFORMATION
ID             : 1
NAME           : openSUSE test image
TYPE           : OS
REGISTER TIME  : 06/13 13:28:58
PUBLIC         : Yes
PERSISTENT     : No
SOURCE : /var/lib/one//images/44833e18c42179d7012a9229ade7aad049399aef
STATE          : used
RUNNING_VMS    : 1

IMAGE TEMPLATE
DESCRIPTION=A test image to test the basic functionality of the openSUSE based OpenNebula setup
DEV_PREFIX=hd
NAME=openSUSE test image
PATH=/home/ctester/suse-11.3-SUSENebula-guest.x86_64-1.0.0.qcow2

Thanks,
Robert

Tech Lead
rschweik...@novell.com