On 29 January 2015 at 10:33, Daniel Molina <dmol...@opennebula.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On 28 January 2015 at 23:20, Hon1nbo <hon1nbo.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to contextualize the VNC password, similar to the
>> SSH_PUBLIC_KEY per user profile?
>>
>> I have VNC web viewing working now across my entire deployment, and it's
>> finally stable enough I want my users to use it for debugging (took forever
>> to find out there was a bug in the sunstone ruby code for secure websockets
>> preventing most browsers from allowing the viewer without changing to a
>> lower security setting, which I'll be submitting when I get home).
>>

> Patches are more than welcome.
>

>> But now that this is working, I'd like for my users to be able to use it
>> without having to modify the templates every time for a new VNC password.
>>
>> Is this possible currently, or should I put in a feature request?
>>

> This is not possible. You can provide custom attrs [1] on instantiation
> but the vnc password cannot be replaced. Could you please open a feature
> request in our dev portal?

There is already a ticket related to this,  I don't know if this would fit
your use case. The idea is that a random password is generated for each VM
and then the user can retrieve it from the vm info in sunstone

> Thank you
>
> [1]
> http://docs.opennebula.org/4.10/user/virtual_resource_management/vm_guide.html#ask-for-user-inputs
>

>> -Jim
>> --
>>

> --
> --
> Daniel Molina
> Project Engineer
> OpenNebula - Flexible Enterprise Cloud Made Simple
> www.OpenNebula.org | dmol...@opennebula.org | @OpenNebula

Daniel Molina
Project Engineer
www.OpenNebula.org | dmol...@opennebula.org | @OpenNebula