From: Per Carlson [mailto:pe...@hemmop.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:46 AM
To: G. Jones
Cc: openshift
Subject: Re: Method to move a single or multiple pods to a different node?

Hi.

On 8 July 2017 at 21:45, G. Jones <misterjonest...@gmail.com> wrote:

I’ve got an Origin 1.5 environment where, during an outage with my nodes, pods
got relocated to my masters fairly randomly. I need to clean it up and get the
pods back where I want them but have not yet found a way to do this. The only
way I see to move pods between nodes is to scale to two replicas, mark one node
as unschedulable and evacuate to the other node, then scale down to one. Is
there a way to move single or multiple pods between nodes?

​

If you don't want any PODs on the masters, why not making them unschedulable​?
Having the masters acting as a node in the event of failures sounds fragile to
me (a POD could potentially consume all resources on the master and thus
causing cluster wide instability).

--

Pelle

- Wernher von Braun