Hi Tim,

there is a controller to take care about generating and renewing Let's
Encrypt certificates for you.

https://github.com/tnozicka/openshift-acme

That said it won't generate it for masters but you can expose master
API using Route and certificate for that Route would be fully managed
by openshift-acme.

Further integrations might be possible in future but this is how you
can get it done now.

Regards,
Tomas