Firstly, leaving swap enabled is an anti-pattern in general [0] as
OpenShift is then unable to recognize OOM conditions until performance is
thoroughly degraded.  Secondly, we generally recommend to our customers
that they have at least 20GB [1] for Masters.  I've seen many customers go
far past that to suit their comfort.

[0] https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.6/admin_
guide/overcommit.html#disabling-swap-memory
[1] https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.6/
install_config/install/prerequisites.html#production-
level-hardware-requirements

LOUIS P. SANTILLAN

SENIOR CONSULTANT, OPENSHIFT, MIDDLEWARE & DEVOPS

Red Hat Consulting, NA US WEST <https://www.redhat.com/>

lpsan...@gmail.com    M: 3236334854
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>