Hi Jessica,

My application is a static web app (React.js), packaged to a docker image
(nginx) [1]. Then I have an Openshift/k8s deployment (+Service) originating
from that image. After that I create a Route that exposes the Service to
the outside world.

So what you are proposing is adding the default route (pointing to
/index.html) to my nginx configuration. Am I correct?
Honestly, I was expecting HAProxy (i.e. OCP Route) to handle all the
routing for me.

[1]
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/maslick/barkoder-ui/react/docker/Dockerfile

Regards,