The requested memory is the only sure thing you would get. If it differ
from your memory limit, you should know that this limit is optional and not
guaranteed.

Try setting your requested memory to 1gb

If you want openshit scheduler and/or oom to priorize that container,
consider setting your Pod limits equals to it's requests. Make sure to set
both cpu+memory values.
Alternatievly, don't set requests, only limits.
This would give your pod the "guaranteed" QoSClass, less likely to get
evicted (see oc describe pod xxx)

Regards.