There is no 1 to 1 relation between calls/registration (or generic SIP elements) and the TCP connections - a TCP conn may be used by multiple such SIP elements.

A TCP conn is closed by opensips if there is no traffic on it for certain amount of time.

Do you use the "tcp_persistent_flag" ?
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.11.x/registrar.html#id293556

OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com