From what I understand, your OpenSIPS ends up routing those mid-dialog requests to itself!  This is definitely bogus, unless there is some spiraling logic involved, which I doubt to be the case.  Can you upload text file or pcap with a network capture of your call attempt, so we can figure out what's broken over there?

Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com

On 24.04.2019 18:48, Mark Farmer wrote:
Hi, thanks for the reply.

I added the xlog which told me that it was trying to find permissions for itself - this is an mhomed server. That seems a bit odd to me but I added the permissions and the 403 responses stopped. - Is this the correct thing to do?

The issue I have now is that the RE-INVITES are not making it across the OpenSIPS server to the next hop which is an Asterisk server (via a different NIC). I think the issue is that Asterisk does not add a Record-Route header on the initial INVITE and so loose_route() doesn't know where to relay the message.

This is my rr module config:
loadmodule "rr.so"
modparam("rr", "append_fromtag", 1)
modparam("rr", "enable_double_rr", 1)

Any ideas on how to get my RE_INVITES working please?

Many thanks
Mark.