From: Alexey Akimov <aaki...@z.rochester.edu>
Sender: pw_forum-bounces at pwscf.org
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 22:14:14
To: PWSCF Forum<pw_forum at pwscf.org>
Subject: Re: [Pw_forum] Error in routine scale_h (1)

I see. Thank you for the explanation!

Alexey

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefano de Gironcoli" <degir...@sissa.it>
To: "pw forum" <pw_forum at pwscf.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:58:47 PM

as your cell shrinks the energy cutoff corresponding to your set of
plane wave increases and it this exceeds a the maximum values in the
precalculated psedopotential table (some 20% higher than the specified
ecut by default if i remember correctly) the code stops. You can
increase this limit with the cell_factor variable.

However if this keeps happening it means that your cell  was way too large !

stefano

On 09/23/2012 11:42 PM, Alexey Akimov wrote:
> my unit cell is not oscillating, but rather shrinking. shouldn't the basis
> size (number of plane waves) be bigger for larger cell, so the bigger cell
> would determine the maximal amount of memory for simulation even if the cell
> contracts?

Dr. Alexey V. Akimov

Postdoctoral Research Associate
Department of Chemistry