> But if nbnd was specified explicitly in the input then one should increase
> nbnd and see what happens.

Well, pw.x just takes 20% more bands. It could not be enough, for example if
you have a bunch of f-orbitals piling up around the Fermi energy, which is a
typical case where you may want to use DFT+U. Double checking is always a good
idea.
Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
IdR @ IMPMC - CNRS UMR 7590 & Sorbonne Université
phone: +33 (0)1 442 79822 / skype: paulatz
http://www.impmc.upmc.fr/~paulatto/
(https://link.getmailspring.com/link/61cd862f-add7-4b6f-8ab9-afac69040...@getmailspring.com/0?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.impmc.upmc.fr%2F~paulatto%2F&recipient=dXNlcnNAbGlzdHMucXVhbnR1bS1lc3ByZXNzby5vcmc%3D)
 - https://anharmonic.github.io/
(https://link.getmailspring.com/link/61cd862f-add7-4b6f-8ab9-afac69040...@getmailspring.com/1?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fanharmonic.github.io%2F&recipient=dXNlcnNAbGlzdHMucXVhbnR1bS1lc3ByZXNzby5vcmc%3D)