On 04/19/2012 13:06, Michael Heydekamp wrote:
I'm confused with the settings that I can define with the drop-down-button "List Options" in the upper left corner of the mailbox view pane - where are they stored (locally or serverside), and how and where can I delete them?

Why I'm asking: Although I added the column 'priority' in main.inc.php
under $rcmail_config['list_cols'], the priority column does not get
displayed.

I can display it with the drop-down-button "List Options" of course, but
the declaration in main.inc.php seems to be ignored by RC entirely.

Probably I don't get the concept here, can somebody enlighten me? If these settings are stored locally (where...?), do they override the main config? At least this is my current impression and may also explain other unexpected
behaviour.

TIA, Michael

Adding the column to main.inc.php will load it as default for any new users going forward, but column preferences for existing users are already set. The preferences are stored in a large string in the users table in the database. I'm sure that it is possible to run some sort of update query to add that pref to existing users, but it will be a rather complex change.

--
Arne Berglund
System Administrator, Internet Services