Am 22.04.2012 19:14, schrieb Reindl Harald:
> Am 22.04.2012 18:58, schrieb Michael Heydekamp:

>> You deleted the more important part of the quote, as it is only a side
>> issue, that I can't load other web pages of the same domain - more important
>> to me is that I can't load Roundcube at all (and why I ran into this
>> situation at all).
>
> becaue what i said
>
> if there is some active session with a script running
> forever on the server this is the symptom - but usuaully this
> should not happen

The situation I was talking about and which I ran into is that RC gets
stuck and unusable pretty often after sending a message. That I can't load
it afterwards again, is "just" a successive problem, but obviously connected
to the previous one.

The initial problem may probably have been caused by this User-Agent issue
(see other thread), but I'm not sure. It sounded a bit as if it were IE9
specific, but again: not sure.

>> And if I send the laptop into hibernation, wake it up again hours later,
>> open a new browser tab - does this session then still have the same session
>> ID as the one hours before? Sounds pretty unlikely to me.
>
> no, the session on the server should have timeouted

Right, that's what I thought and why I doubt that my specific and current
problem is connected to a still open session.

I'm pretty sure that if I would close the instance of IE which has the
problem of not being able to load Roundcube, then the problem is gone - till
next time. My impression is that it must have to do with temp files, cookies
or whatever on my local machine.

>> Hmm. I'm not sure I get you right, but why can I open Roundcube then in the
>> InPrivate mode of IE8? Because it's a new browser session (= a new browser
>> window)?
>
> session != browser window

Ok. There is a menu item "Neue Sitzung" (= new session), that's why I
thought it may have to do with it.

And because: As a matter of fact, I can currently load Roundcube in a new
window/session/instance of IE (be it InPrivate or not), but not in a new tab
of the same (first) IE window/session/instance.

> session is at least a id sent via cookie
> switching to "private mode" will stp sending this cookie

And that has exactly which consequences?

Surprisingly, InPrivate mode currently seems to be the only mode in which I
can run Roundcube without these kind of problems at all. At least I haven't
seen any such yet, even not after sending messages.

And this arises the question: What's this session and cookie thingy all
about, if RC is running perfectly without them (except that the pane sizes
are not saved)?

> internet explorer is a beast
> years ago as i used windows a saw IMSIE with different windows having
> different sessions affecting in some weird error cases even popups
> from web applications with all sort of wondering effects

Well, IE "years ago" has to be contemplated differently to IE8/9 (which you
will know a lot better than me).

Anyway, a sophisticated application such as Roundcube is for sure not meant
to be one of those "best viewed with browser xyz".

What's really and still puzzling me, is that I haven't seen any of those
problems with Squirrel for years (also under IE). And I really and finally
would like to get rid of it.
--
Michael Heydekamp
Co-Admin freexp.de