On Tue, 04 Sep 2012 23:54:25 +0200, Reindl Harald
<h.rei...@thelounge.net> wrote:
> oh no, please do not compare fetchmail -> smtp with
> any sort of migration - this would touch every message
> with new headers, nobody would like to do this really

Mails are full of headers that nobody cares about
(except when tracing spam). The real negative point about
this Fetchmail method is that the IMAP properties are not
preserved, like read/unread status. Every e-mail will
come in to the other server as a new unread mail, which
could prove inconvenient.

So I have to concede: do the imapsync thing, or a user
agent that can move between servers.