On 10/07/2014 04:22 PM, Ben Schmidt wrote:
Redsleeve is the arm port of Centos 6.  So I am installing from the tar from
roundcube.net and the installer script reports that:

      Checking PHP extensions

The following modules/extensions are /required/ to run Roundcube:

DOM: NOT OK(Could be loaded. Please add in php.ini; See
http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.dom.php)

The next couple of extensions are /optional/ and recommended to get the best
performance: FileInfo: OK

Mcrypt: NOT AVAILABLE(See http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.mcrypt.php)
Intl: NOT AVAILABLE(See http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.intl.php)

I don't see in the manual what to add to php.ini.  Please advise.

I have tried to find mcrypt (yum install mcrypt libmcrypt), but these are not
the
mcrypt it seems to want.

And I don't know were to find the intl.php.

Look for PHP extension packages. They might be called something like
php-mcrypt or php5-mcrypt. The mcrypt library, libmcrypt, will be a
dependency for them. Similar for intl and perhaps even DOM, though I
thought that was built right into core in recent PHP. Which version of
PHP do you have installed? Actually, a quick Google suggests the package
for DOM is php-xml.

Originally I did not even have DOM, and was told to install php-xml. Now I have
work out the php.ini for it.

Usually when you use a package manager, there is something like a conf.d
directory, or php.ini.d or something, which includes the php.ini
fragments needed to enable the extension.

However, if it doesn't, usually it's as simple as putting lines such as

extension=php_intl.so

in php.ini, or uncomment such lines by removing a semicolon (;) from the
start.

There may also be directives in the relevant sections you need to tweak,
i.e. under a section in square brackets such as [mcrypt]. About the only
one I've tweaked *regularly* though is date.timezone under [Date]!

Ben.