People,

On 2014-11-22 00:26, Philip Rhoades wrote:
People,

On 2014-11-21 23:14, Philip Rhoades wrote:
A.L.E.C,

On 2014-11-21 22:55, A.L.E.C wrote:
On 11/21/2014 12:45 PM, Philip Rhoades wrote:
I have had a request for an enhancement on the books for a couple of
years but it hasn't gotten anywhere (ie an option to display only
folders that have unread mail in them [like ThunderBird] - I have

Yes, and we have a ticket for this.

Is it getting an closer to being worked on do you think?

hundreds of folders and subfolders and I am forever scrolling . .). So,

Question is if you really need all of these folders subscribed?

It IS a bit obsessive I know but am involved in lots of organisations
with lots of people and it helps me to have everything logically
organised . .

When the Inbox has the focus, allow jumping down to the next folder with
unread mail in it by using CTRL-DownArrow ?

I guess, for consistency, CTRL-UpArrow should do the reverse.

+1,

Good!

but...
- I'm not sure about using Ctrl+Arrow for this.

I don't really mind what it is as long as it is an easy KB shortcut . .

- There's also a question if that should be a "global" feature or only
working when folders list has focus. I suppose global, but we do not
have global shortcuts in core yet.

I guess it wouldn't matter if it was global - I can't see that
CTRL-DownArrow would have any usefulness in the other panes so it
shouldn't conflict? - I just thought it would be more logical when the
folder pane had focus . .

I just realised (because of a private response from Steve - thanks!)
that I probably wasn't clear enough with the first mail - I have
hundreds of folders and I use maildrop to put incoming mail directly
into it's appropriate folder - so unread mails are usually spread out
over a very long list of mostly read folders . .

Sorry for any confusion . .

A further enahncement would be to be able to, with a single click or a hot-key, cycle displaying:

- all folders

- only folders with unread mail

- only folders with new mail

Regards,