Use Mail encryption, anything else is snakeoil as there are lots of
possibilities for others to get into your mail.

Oliver

Von Samsung-Tablet gesendet

Von: jfmxl <jf...@sdf.org>
Datum: 18.02.2015  02:40  (GMT+01:00)
Betreff: Re: [RCU] Point of information

I'll look into it. Although I have little to no money and no means of
paying for anything other than by international money order if I went
for this. I had a vps with ... what turned out to be viaverio, after
several rounds of merger ... for twenty years. But I never trusted them
... once it occurred to me to consider whether I did or not. Then I
could no longer afford them, or pay them in any case, anyway.

Why should I trust FileMedia? If I could afford them. I'll try to look
them up.

What I have now is a shell account and limited webserver, and mail as
described, from this outfit, for a one-time fee of one dollar. I bought
a buck and mailed it to him/them. I asked lots of questions, like are
you the NSA? Got zero answers. I have to assume it's an NSA honeypot.

But so may FileMedia be. Well not a honeypot, but a 'cooperative'
commercial provider as are Google and the rest. At least the NSA won't
bother to sell me out to the TNCs ... the sell-out traffic is all in the
other direction.

Maybe there's a way to run mail over i2p myself. I had a mail account
there ... still based on trust ... but one day they just just me down.
No notice, no nothing. They're a pretty arbitrary bunch of geek
gatekeepers. And there's still the connection to the 'real' darpanet to
negotiate.

Oh well, there is no such thing as privacy, certainly not security, any
longer in this web worldwide. I might as well stick with what I have.
With those bastards from the NSA looking over my shoulder. collecting
everything I do on the web 'for future reference'. At least with the NSA
I'm not commercially compromised. Not so with Google.