On 05 Jan 2020, at 14:55, Dirk Dettmering Roundcube User Mailinliste
<roundc...@dirk.dettmering.org> wrote:
> Thanks for your and the other suggestions. I will try them in the next days.
> As the server is productive I can change essential settings only outside
> working hours in a small time slot.

Create a link under your www root and test away. (I had
/www/usr/local/www/RC4-test-65afe8c2 for about a week before I moved it over to
be the live webmail.

> I'm just wondering why my other mail clients can send mail with SMTP
> authentication and RC doesn't? But maybe RC needs mandatory the SMTP AUTH
> banner in the smtp dialogue?

Nope, there is no SMTP AUTH on my port 587, just STARTTLS

250-mail.covisp.net
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 26214400
250-ETRN
250-STARTTLS
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250-DSN
250 CHUNKING

On port 465 there is, but I do not use that for Roundcube (no reason, just I
only recently added support on my server for port 465).

250-mail.covisp.net
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 26214400
250-ETRN
250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
250-AUTH=PLAIN LOGIN
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250-DSN
250 CHUNKING

--
Competent? How are we going to compete with that?